It is with a sad heart to announce that the 4th Annual Spelling Bee has been cancelled due to the Covid 19 Pandemic. It is unknown if we will reschedule or cancel this years event. We will continue to monitor the situation and update this website accordingly.
Rules During the Bee
1. The Speller must approach the microphone
2. The Speller's time at the microphone has a limit of 2 minutes
3. Time begins when the pronouncer 1st pronounces the word
4. The Speller may request for repetition of the words' pronunciations, a definition, sentence and part of speech.
5. The Speller will Say the word
6. The Speller will Spell the word
7. The Speller will Say the word
**If the Speller starts spelling the word, the Speller cannot make any changes. They may ask to "Start Over" but no changes to the spelling can be made.
8. The pronouncer will not communicate with the speller during the final 30 seconds.
9. The judges will disqualify any speller who does not provide a complete spelling before the expiration of time.
10. The judges will listen carefully, determine whether or not words are spelled correctly and uphold the rules
11. The decisions of the judges are final.
12. If the word is spelled correctly, the Speller will sit back down in their chair to allow the next speller to spell.
13. If the word is spelled incorrectly, the Speller will go back to the audience and sit with family and/or friends.